The Allotment Competition is open to all members of affiliated Societies and has two Sections:
- Plots of less than 10 rods
- Plots of 10 rods and over. 10 rods are equal to 250 sq m or 300 sq yds.
Allotments are assessed by official Judges of the Federation. The judging criteria, based on the recommendations listed in the RHS Show Handbook 2008, are
- Condition of the Plot
- Good Workmanship
- Quality of Crops, Flowers, Fruit, Vegetables and Plants
- Originality of Layout and Planting
- Ingenuity in Overcoming Local Problems
- Visual Aspect of the Plot
- Condition of Structures
Judging takes place on a mutually agreed date during late June/early July. There are cash prizes for the top 3 plots in each section, and Challenge Cups are awarded annually to the winners of each section and presented at the Federation AGM in February.
Do consider entering your allotment plot. The competition entry form is available here.
Allotment Competition Organiser