The sun shone outside and the tables inside were laden with wonderful Spring blooms, vegetables, crafts and home produce.
The organisers did wonder if there would be many entries, after such a bad Spring. But the local gardeners came up trumps with over 200 entries about a 10% rise on last year.
It was also good to see so many visitors to the show as well as the regular members of Grayshott Gardeners. In addition to the displays, refreshments were on hand, including a vast array of delicious homemade cakes and there was also a good selection of plants for sale. All in all a wonderful afternoon for both gardeners and would-be gardeners.
The next event for this thriving group of enthusiasts will be the Plant Sale on the morning of May 5th in the Village Hall.
Below is a list of the main winners
- Spring Cup Classes 1-22 Tulips and Narcissus – Jill Meech
- Gardeners Cup Classes 23-49 Cut exhibits, Pot/container grown exhibits and Vegetables – Vanessa Thompson
- Denyer Cup Classes 1-22 Floral arrangements – Sally Russell
- Gladys Willmot Cup Classes 53-58 Home Produce – Jill Meech
- Novice Cup All classes – Sally Russell
- Whitehouse Cup All classes – Jill Meech
- Best in Show Plate – Maureen Boorman ( Hellebore flowers )
- Craft Prize – Sue Coates
- Photography Prize – Angela Pointon
- Junior -An Easter card with a Spring flower theme
- Under 8 – Zoe Gilbert
- 8 – 11 Jessie Meech